1 Chip Stan Winston Pupett
2 Loki's Mask
3 Andy Dufresne's Bible
4 Lycan costume
5 Batman Cowl and Chest

Item names only
Item names and description
931 Celebrities

All Items Terminator, The (1984) Kyle Reese Hero Working Anti-Hunter Killer Grenade

« Newer Item | Older Item »  
LinkBack Item Tools

Kyle Reese Hero Working Anti-Hunter Killer Grenade

Item Details

Category: Movie Prop
Screenmatched: Yes
Community Rating: Item Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average.

Description:

James Cameron's THE TERMINATOR is one of the tightest, tensest sci-fi films ever made and a landmark in the genre. In the year 2029, battles rage between the superintelligent machines that rule the world and the last vestiges of humanity. In late-20th-century Los Angeles, Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) suddenly finds herself stalked by an unstoppable killing machine known as The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) sent from the future to kill her and her unconceived son, John Connor, the future leader of the human resistance. Sarah can rely only on the figure of Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn), a soldier sent from the future to protect her from the seemingly indestructible Terminator and save humanity.

This is a Resistance Hunter Killer Grenade from the future war scenes. Used by Kyle Reese and the resistance soldiers to destroy a Hunter-Killer tank. Designed by James Cameron, this is the only known grenade that still operates as originally intended: a light-up hero prop that even if it was damaged during filming, it has been brought to life again.

The prop contains the original switch, wiring and camera flash bulb used to achieve the strobe effect seen on screen, all electronic components are present and working. By replacing the bulb, you get the strobe effect you see in the movie.

» See it in action in this YouTube video
(credit goes to Mr. Short!)

It has been able to be screenmatched thanks to the unique broken part it has near the handle!

This piece, along with a second grenade, has been in the personal collection of the film's Assistant Art Director for the past 26 years (2011). The second grenade was personally given by me to Michael Biehn as he admitted how much he regreted not having collected any "souvenirs" from his past movies, being this his first "flashback"

Along with a ScreenUsed COA, the piece includes the COA from "The Collection of Shay Austin", signed by Austin himself.

Added: 05-21-2012 - Viewed: 22390 times.

Owner Info

Item owned by:
bolsoncerrado

» View Public Profile for bolsoncerrado
» View all of bolsoncerrado's items: Text List | Icon view

Spread the word:

This Item is listed under the sole responsibility of bolsoncerrado

Old 05-22-2012, 19:56   #2 (permalink)

Comments: 158
Thumbs up

Great find, congrats Alex ! (I also love the fact that you gave the other to M. Biehn)

Fred
SKIN JOB 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 19:57   #3

Comments: 187

Thanks man!

The screenmatch just came as a surprise this morning lol So many months in the collection, thinking I'd never match a so damaged item and there it was lol
bolsoncerrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:45   #4

Comments: 158
Wink

I'm going to look closer at a few things I own... I think your story taught me something about the screenmatched treasures that may hide in our collections...

Fred
SKIN JOB 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Item Tools

Similar Items
Item Item Owner Forum Replies Last Post
Working Hero SHOTGUN with Light Kevjh All Items 0 05-09-2012 06:48
Will Smith Hero working Communicator paulie All Items 0 05-08-2012 06:51
Underworld Hero Working UV Bomb paulie All Items 0 04-12-2012 11:45
Stunt God Killer Gun With Hero Holster xwing717 All Items 0 02-18-2012 07:08